- 3WAN collects basic personal information when you fill out the form to download a demo. This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest or to reply to a query. Such personal information is stored on 3WAN computers and is accessed by authorized personnel only.
- The 3WAN web site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or completing an electronic 'Form'.
- If you choose to provide 3WAN with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out and submitting an electronic form, 3WAN will use that information only to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
- E-mail messages are subject to the Privacy Act. The personal information that you share with 3WAN is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of 3WAN and may be accessed by any 3WAN employee without further consent of the author.
- All personal information held or collected by 3WAN is protected under the federal and provincial Privacy Acts. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- Information on individual visitors is used by 3WAN employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We do not use the information to create individually identifiable profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside of 3WAN.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, please be aware that 3WAN automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. 3WAN collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access 3WAN web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access 3WAN site;
- The date and time you access 3WAN site;
- The pages you visit on 3WAN site; and
- If you are linked to 3WAN web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
- 3WAN uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. 3WAN does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- 3WAN employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- 3WAN does not use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Any message which you may send to the webmaster for this site will go to Fisher e-Media & Design, a corporation that is not part of 3WAN. Information concerning the functioning of the site is provided to the webmaster so that they can propose adjustments to the site to maximize its effectiveness. Fisher e-Media & Design is bound by a contract with 3WAN to treat any personal information they receive in relation to this web site as though it is covered by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Any questions, concerns or complaints you may have about how Fisher e-Media & Design is handling personal information from this site should be directed to the 3WAN Privacy Co-ordinator as listed below.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in 3WAN may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator or by calling (250) 642-6401 or 1-877-457-4546. If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.